[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 3«123
Forum » Phoenix discussion [en] » Phoenix [main] » General discussion
General discussion
Ooyama_STДата: Thursday, 15.11.2012, 01:08 | Сообщение # 31
Private
Group: Пользователи
Спасибо огромное, буду проверять.
Надеюсь с Фениксом у вас всё получится, штука просто генияльна, ознакомился когда MW3 вышел на свет. smile

ut2000Дата: Thursday, 13.02.2014, 17:39 | Сообщение # 32
Private
Hello there...

I just tried to extract Shogun 2 backup with Phoenix 1.4. While extract process continue, i saw that -naturally- HDD space was decreasing but there is no file anywhere. After cancel the extraction, i think it remained like that.

Where are those files, please inform me smile  -i have to delete them-

Stat1c_V01DДата: Thursday, 20.02.2014, 02:14 | Сообщение # 33
Admin
Group: Администраторы
ut2000, Um..you see, the problem is that I can't help you with it as the version is way too old and the code I've written for it has gone forever because of changes. I do wish I could do anything about it but I have no time to either release a new version right now or try and fix your problem. Sorry for that.

CobradabestДата: Tuesday, 10.06.2014, 23:19 | Сообщение # 34
Private
The first thing I want to say is: Thank you so much for this program! I was originally scared off ever buying PC games ever again, and playing games on consoles instead, because of Steam's DRM! Thanks to your Pheonix program, some hope has been restored to PC games for me, as I can now install some Steam-loaded retail games I have without Internet, or at least it shows that's it's possible in theory..

However, I've been having a couple of problems.

I've tried to play the games I managed to install, but none of them work, they either show a black screen or show a "Game Files Missing" error.
I've heard that retail game discs only have some of the game's files, and the rest was to be downloaded from Steam, so this is most likely what it is. If it is, then I am furious! That would mean that this whole time, I was paying for incomplete, non-functioning games!

*Sigh* Well, does anybody know a site where I can download the rest of my game's files? I could download them off of Steam, and just grab the missing files, but my internet isn't the fastest, it would take days to download everything! Also, I'd have to go through all of the trouble of reinstalling Steam...
The games that have missing content are: Sonic Generations, Sniper Elite v2 and Portal 2.

The other problem I have is that some games I have (Sleeping Dogs, 007 Legends and Inversion) use .csd files instead of .sim, and of course isn't recognised by the program.
I tried following the steps you posted to install the games, I have downloaded Sleeping Dog's Manifests through the link you provided and tried to select the folder as my GSF folder, but the program is giving me an error saying it was "Unable to find any GCF files"... I have the latest version installed (1.5 RC2). What do I do?

EDIT: I found out that 1.5 RC2 and 1.6 Alpha are different, but when I try to click any download links to 1.6, it just brings me to 1.5! Where can I download 1.6?

Despite these problems, I'm glad someone's getting somewhere with installing these games without Steam, it's not perfect, and not all my games work, but it's a start, and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Edited by Cobradabest - Wednesday, 11.06.2014, 06:55

Forum » Phoenix discussion [en] » Phoenix [main] » General discussion
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: